Who is the Head?

“Headship” And Equality Between Men And Women

By Dr. Adrian Rogers

Adrian Rogers

BIBLE MEDITATION:
“Submitting yourselves one to another in the fear of God.” Ephesians 5:21

DEVOTIONAL THOUGHT:
First Corinthians 11:3 says, “The head of every man is Christ; and the head of the woman is the man; and the head of Christ is God.” Sometimes we get confused about what it means to be the “head” of the family. Anything with no head is dead and anything with two heads is abnormal. Just because the man is the head doesn’t mean that the wife is inferior. Both men and women bear the image of God. Both are heirs of the grace of life. Both are equal before God. But while male and female are equal, God has given them different roles. In the family, men have been given the role of leader.

ACTION POINT:
How would our world function if no one was in charge? How would your body function without your head? Pray for leaders in your home, community, church, state, and nation.

For more details and information about the ministry of the late Dr. Adrian Rogers and the worldwide impact that ministry is still having, go to: http://www.lwf.org Dr. Rogers in his lifetime touched the whole world for Christ and that ministry is still going forward.  Amazing!

Author: Editor

An ordained Baptist minister. Worked for 10 years with a Christian publishing ministry where I was the circulation manager for a growing publication, The Sword of the Lord. I also did most of direct mail fundraising and promotion. I have pastored churches in Tennessee, Georgia, Alabama & Arkansas. I served for some four years as Vice President of The Spoken Word of God ministry, Orlando, FL. This ministry was active in church planting in India and broadcasting the Scriptures via Trans World Radio and other radio outlets. My associate in this ministry later invited me to join him and his dad in starting a business working with churches providing multimedia equipment. I have done this work for the last 16 years. This blog, hopefully, will scratch an itch I have for communicating the Word of God to a broader audience via the Internet. I would be honored to hear from you via email.

Leave a Reply